He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning nor crying nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away. (Revelation 21:4)
For those nearing end of life, pastors will come to the home, hospital or hospice to pray, encourage, read scripture and be present in their final hours as God calls them home, and gives them eternal life.
For families, pastors will talk with and support you in your grief, both before and after your loved one's passing. Pastors can help provide guidance with end-of-life decisions and next steps as a family.
If your loved one is near death, please call 816-436-7680 during church office hours, or reach our pastors at their after-hours numbers.
Funeral Services at King of Kings
The church holds funerals and memorial services for parishioners who have died in the faith. Funerals are a type of worship service, where we are comforted by the good news of Christ’s resurrection in the midst of our grief. Each service includes family-selected hymns, Scripture readings and a sermon. A visitation can also be hosted at the church, prior to service.
- Funerals are typically planned at least four to five days after your loved one passes to allow family, staff and volunteers to prepare.
- The pastor will guide the family in selecting appropriate hymns and Scripture readings.
- All music will be played live. King of Kings does not play recorded music during worship.
- A memorial table can be provided to share momentos and display photos during the visitation and before the funeral.
- A memorial photo reel or video of your loved one can be played on our monitors during visitation and before and after your service. Please provide a .mp4 file prior to service.
- Your selected funeral home will contact the church directly to coordinate schedules.
To begin the process of planning your loved one’s service, please contact the church office.
King of Kings volunteers can coordinate and serve a luncheon for family and friends in our Fellowship Hall, prior to or after the funeral service. The presiding pastor can provide details on availability.
Funerals and memorial services can be livestreamed and shared with family and friends unable to attend in-person. These can be done as private or public streams. All recorded funerals are archived and available to families for download at their convenience.